Weekly Dev Log 1/5/15



The bulk of this week was spent working on the action game editor thing. I started making a game in it, and ported one of my old games to it. I had a vague plan about making a game a day with it, but I just don’t think I have the energy for that. One of the issues with it is that I can’t see people being excited about screenshots of games made with it. I hope to have a plan to deal with that this week.

One possible expression that I was thinking about for the sector editor was to make instanced dungeons that would exist in a random gen landscape. I started messing around with rendering tech for the landscape late this week. This is a pretty neat fully gpu rendering thing for heightmaps.

I am starting to look for other ways to make money, because I am getting really worried that I won’t be able to eat from this stuff.

  • action edit 10:21:12
  • dev log 0:38:46
  • accounting 2:11:53
  • terrain gen 5:36:17
  • other money 0:04:56
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
powered by Jekyll with Barecity